I have taken a rather long break from blogging. Many a times, in the last one and a half years, I have felt so discouraged to try new recipes. With my son's already existing food allergies (brown rice, barley and oats) and with hubby's newly diagnosed wheat and milk intolerances it was not the easiest task to put a meal together.
Finally the pity party is over and I celebrate it with this absolutely delicious gluten free and dairy free muffin.
Thanks to family and friends who kept me motivated. Stay tuned, more recipes are to come.
1. Almond meal - 1/2 cup
2. Buckwheat - 1/2 cup
3. Tapioca starch - 1/2 cup
4. Baking powder - 1 tsp
5. Baking soda - 1tsp
6. Salt - 1/2 tsp
7. Chopped pecans - 1/3 cup
8. Pecan halves - 12 (for topping)
9. Egg - 1
10. Apple sauce - 1 1/4 cups
11. Coconut oil (melted) - 1/2 cup
12. Sugar - 3/4 cup
1. Prepare muffin pans with cup cake liners.
2. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
3. Combine ingredients 1 - 7 in a medium sized bowl.
4. Combine ingredients 9-12 in a large sized bowl and whisk well to combine.
5. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine well.
6. Divide the batter into the cup cake liners and add the topping.
7. Bake at 375˚F for 20-25 minutes. Freezes well and tastes yummy!