1. Whole wheat flour (Atta) - 1 3/4 cups
2. Chickpea flour (Besan) - 2 Tbs
3. Salt - 3/4 tsp
4. Garlic powder - 1 tsp
5. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
6. Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
7. Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
8. Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
9. Finely grated ginger - 1/2 tsp
10. Omam (Ajwain) - 1/4 tsp
11. Methi (Fenugreek) leaves - 1 cup packed
12. Yogurt - as needed to make the dough
13. All purpose flour - for dusting and rolling
14. Oil - for cooking the flat breads
1. Add all ingredients from 1 to 11 in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Add yogurt to the large bowl and knead to make a soft pliable dough.
3. Cover it with plastic wrap and let rest for 20 minutes.
4. Make lime sized balls with the dough.
5. Place a griddle on medium heat.
6. Roll out the dough (from step 4) into a flat thin discs using a rolling pin and cook on the griddle.
7. Once you see small bubbles emerging on top and brown specks in the bottom, flip the bread.
8. Spread about 1/2 - 3/4 tsp oil around the bread and cook for another minute.
9. Serve with your favourite side dish or just plain. Tastes yummy!.