1. Raw almonds - 2 cups
2. Dates - 2 cups
3. Cranberries (sweetened) - 1 cup
4. Unsweetened chocolate - 1 square or 28 grams
5. Dark chocolate chips - 2 Tbs
6. Vanilla essence - 1 1/2 Tbs
1. Line a 13X9 inch pan with parchment paper so that there is an overhang on both sides of the tray to completely cover the top.
2. In a food processor, pulse almonds and chocolate until they form a granular powder. Set aside in a bowl.
3. Now place the dates and cranberries in the food processor and pulse until they form a thick paste. Mine did not and so I used vanilla essence to add moisture so it would form a paste.
4. Now add the nut and chocolate mixture to the food processor and pulse again until it gets mixed with the dried fruit paste. It will appear crumbly.
5. Transfer the nut-fruit mixture to the parchment paper lined pan and spread it as evenly as possible with your fingers.
6. Cover the mixture with the parchment paper overhang and roll gently with a large can. This helps with compacting the mixture.
7. Place the pan in the freezer for 20 minutes and transfer to a counter with help of the overhang.
8. Using a ruler and a pizza cutter, cut into desirable sized bars. Mine measured 7cm by 2.5 cm and I got 30 bars minus the edges that were raggedy, which were promptly sampled.
9. Super easy recipe and Tastes Yummy!