1. Frozen Edamame - 1 and 1/2 cups
2. Garlic scapes- 6-8 (discard buds and woody ends)
3. Raw cashew nuts - 8
4. Green chillies - 8
5. Fennel seed powder - 1 tsp
6. Cilantro - 15 sprigs
7. Garlic pods - 4 small
8. Lemon juice - 3-4 Tbs
9. Nigella seeds - 1 tsp or more for garnish
10. Onion - 1 small
11. Oil - 1/2 Tbs
12. Salt - to taste
1. Cook the frozen edamame in microwave for 3-4 minutes and keep aside.
2. Add oil to a hot pan and sauté onions until they are soft.
3. Add garlic scapes and sauté for another 3-4 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. Grind ingredient 3 - 7 into a smooth paste in a blender.
5. Add the cooked edamame, sauteed onions, garlic scapes and lemon juice to the blender and grind again to achieve desired consistency for the dip.
6. Add salt to taste.
7. Garnish with nigella seeds.
8. Tastes delicious with crackers and pita bread. It can be used as a spread for sandwiches too.
9. The nigella seeds give a nice crunch to this dip. Tastes yummy!